We offer 5 years warranty on most products and up to 7 years for LED strips and modules
All products purchased have a FREE warranty included in the price. The warranty varies for each product, from 3 to 7 years and it is specified at product details. Warranty is offered according to European Union Law and includes:
- We will refund* you the cost of returning the broken product to us in Germany (Brunnenstrabe Street 14, 72379 Hechingen)
- We will support* the cost of shipping the product back to you
- We will replace* the defective item at no charge or refund its value
- It can take up to 30 days to send a replacement item back to you.
- You can choose between replacement or refund.
- If the shipping cost(s) are almost as high or higher than the value of the items(s) we will choose to refund the value instead. We will also choose to issue a refund if the product is no longer available or it takes more than 30 days to replace it
*only if the cause of the malfunction is based on product design or its quality.
Send us an e-mail at email@example.com and tell us the problem with the product(s). Kindly provide us with proofs below:
- The photos or video of the defective item(s)
- The photos or video showing the malfunction of the defective item(s)
You shall return the product/products after receiving our approval and instructions regarding the return process.
Before making a warranty claim you have to consider:
LED and LED products can malfunction also from external reasons like: installation, wiring, forward voltage or current, power supply or environmental conditions (temperature, humidity).
The following guidelines must be respected when using or installing a LED or LED product:
- all manufacturer instructions, guidelines and operating conditions must be met. This information can be found either in our shop, on the manufacturer web page or in the product packing
- care must be taken concerning static electricity which can severely damage LED's
- if installation requires soldering please respect the lead conditions
- don't use force or use improper tools for installation or transport
- operating forward current and voltage must be within the values specified on our website or in the manufacturers datasheet.
- precaution must be taken when driving an LED near to its maximum current or voltage. A LED in overdrive produces much more heat which must be dissipated efficiently otherwise the LED will be destroyed or the lifetime shortened (the same thing happens when you overclock a CPU or graphics card)
- even at normal current or voltage, running temperature, junction temperature (inside the LED) and ambient temperature is important because too much heat can damage the LED. Ambient and running temperature are the easiest to manage. If running temperature is more than 40°C or ambient more than 25°C extra cooling must be used.
- cooling methods can be: installation in ventilated places, use of heat dissipation materials as aluminum or copper pcbs, cases or heat sinks coupled with thermal paste, adhesives or cooling fans.
- exposure to water or humidity is within the levels accepted by the product. Single LED's are not waterproof, nor water-resistant. Although their operating voltage and current doesn't raise any risk for safety (valid for 2-24 V range) continuous exposure to water or humidity can produce oxidation and malfunction. Valid also for LED products that have no water resistance (no IP rating), low operating voltage (max 24V) or are labeled for indoor use.
- products functioning at 110V or above MUST NOT be exposed to water or humidity both indoors or outdoors UNLESS they are rated for outdoor use and have at least IP65 protection grade. Failure to respect this condition can lead to severe product damage, fire, property damage, injury or even death
- don't touch, install or manipulate a product running at 110V or above while voltage is on
- a product should not be modified or repaired without our approval
- If a discrepancy exists between the info in our shop and that found in the producer datasheet, the datasheet shall always be considered to be right.
If you think that any of the conditions above are not clear or difficult to respect please contact us before installation or purchase. If the product is damaged because they are not respected we will offer our assistance in diagnosing or fixing the problem but we will not replace the product on warranty.
According to EU Law all products also have a manufacturer warranty in your own country. You may also choose to resolve a warranty issue there. We will be happy to assist you in this process.
Please refer to the manufacturer or publisher's website or contact them for further assistance.
Generally, products re-sold by Lumistrips.com are subject to the manufacturers' warranty that may change based on their requirements.